Thursday, November 1st, 2012...2:55 pm
BeTrenders, it’s that time of year again. November 1st marks the beginning of Movember, a month long event dedicated to mens health. You will notice around school or around the office, men of all ages (aka “Mo Bros”) will begin sprouting moustaches throughout the month. If you are participating there are some hilarious rules courtesy of the Movember website.
- Once registered at movember.com each mo bro must begin the 1st of Movember with a clean shaven face.
- For the entire month of November each mo bro must grow and groom a moustache.
- There is to be no joining of the mo to one’s sideburns. (That’s considered a beard.)
- There is to be no joining of the handlebars to one’s chin. (That’s considered a goatee.)
- Each mo bro must conduct himself like a true country gentleman.
This global awareness campaign has its roots in Australia and has been gaining in popularity since its inception in 2004. The aims of the Movemeber Foundation is simple: increase early detection of cancers for men by encouraging them to research family history, have annual checkups and adopt healthier lifestyles. If you’re looking for more information on Movember check out their amazing website.
BTMinterns are wondering are you a “Mo Bro” this year? If so, please send us some pics throughout the month of your budding facial hair.